adsence search

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Europa Universalis 3: Divine Wind: Castile chronicle in 1399


Darkest Hour: Another game made by Paradoxx interactive. It is about WWI and WWII.

Victoria II: Another game made by Paradoxx interactive. It is about 1836~1920 of Europe, focused on Queen Victoria of the British Empire. At that era, Opium war, Napoleon III of France, Annexation of Texas by US and US-Mexico war, American civil war and form of German Empire by Bismark happened.
Europa Universalis III:  DOWNLOAD it and enjoy playing like me!

















==============================================
I started playing Europa Universalis 3 : Divine Wind, historical simulation game.

It is focus on European history, especially 14th century to 19th century, 100years war to Napoleonic war.

I played England, starting era is 1492, 'A new world!' scenario.

England is very attractive country since I can concentrate on navy with small army forces.

Only thing to protect my nation is defeat the enemy in Dover strait with navy.

In this game, maintaining troops costs a lot so I can save money for army forces.

However, I failed to manage inflation and some economical problems caused by maintaining colonies since it was my first game .

Hence I decided to play other nation and chose Castile, former nation of Spain.

The starting scenario is "Grand Campaign", starting era is 1399.


Here is the first starting era. Castile, my nation occupy most of lands of Iberian peninsula.

On west of Castile, there is a Kingdom of Portugal and east of Castile, there is a Kingdom of Aragon, which forms Spain with Castile by personal union, historically.

On south of Castile, there is a Kingdom of Granada, Muslim country.

Castile have to conquer it by Reconquest of Spain.


 Quality of Army is better than large army, helps reducing cost for maintaining army.

I moved slider into the "quality" part and let unsuitable recruits back to their home.


England declared war upon Tyrone, one of the country in Ireland.


Byzantium also declared war! In this scenario, Byzantium is very week by invading of Ottomans.

 I don't think they will capture victory.


 100 years war trigger activated. France has very powerful army and it is very threatening upon Castile.

I hope England fight with France well.
 Aragon declared war upon Navarra, a nation in north of us.


 Sustaining good relation with Iberian country is important since it enables maintaining small army to defend our nation so I can concentrate with my navy and gain colonies.


War of Reconquest of Spain began by declaration of war by me.


I hope to annex the Granada.




No comments:

Post a Comment