adsence search

Saturday, August 20, 2011

[HOI][Darkest Hour]UK chronicle. 1)Initial condition

Darkest Hour: Another game made by Paradoxx interactive. It is about WWI and WWII. DOWNLOAD it and enjoy playing like me!
Victoria II: Another game made by Paradoxx interactive. It is about 1836~1920 of Europe, focused on Queen Victoria of the British Empire. At that era, Opium war, Napoleon III of France, Annexation of Texas by US and US-Mexico war, American civil war and form of German Empire by Bismark happened.
Europa Universalis III: I also play it. If you want to see my play, please visit
http://sailingkyle.blogspot.com/search?q=Castile
















I have played Hearts of Iron 2: Doomsday Armageddon and Arsenal of Democracy,series of Hearts of Iron.
It is the first time of playing Darkest hour(DHR),one of the series of Hearts of Iron.

I chose WWI(1914)scenario since I have played WWII many times in other series of Hearts of Iron.

I chose UK since it is my favorite country in Europe.

The scenario begins on June 1st 1914.
A few days are left to July 28th 1914, the day historically World War I began.
In game, the war event activates the same day of the real history.

Here is initial condition of UK. UK have more army than WWII in Doomsday Armageddon and Arsenal of Democracy. Province is more detail than other version.
Like Europa Universailis 3: Divine Wind, there exist some decisions.


Unfortunately, India is no more parts of UK in this series; they are puppet of UK like Canada and Australia.
Hence IC of UK is lesser than other version. :(

Poland does not exist in this scenario. Historically, Poland became independent nation again after defeat of Germany and Austria at WWI and this game reflected it.


 I decided to research those technologies. One for improving naval ship, Two for industry, One for upgrading my army and One for boosting speed of research.

In this version, I have to research Early Construction engineering to build factory and improve infrastructure in my nation's province.

I compared other countries' IC.
Russia's IC is 153. Little more than UK(149), lesser than Soviet Union in other series(about 250)




Luckily, Germany's IC is much lesser than other scenario in WWII!

Austrai is not WEAK country in this scenario,WWI! NOT become a part of Germany! its IC is 91.
IC 91 is about two-third of UK and and a little


France's IC is 110, as much as IC of WWII in other series.
Fortunately, in this scenario, IC of Germany(170) is not definitley more than France.

Italy is very weak in this scenario. Its IC is 45, very lower than other series' WWII, about 90.
Canada's IC is 40. -- ;
One good news is different from WWII, Italy is ally of UK in WWI

US's IC is 370! More than sum of Germany and Austria.(240)
SUPERIOR nation... US is final boss if I play with central force(WWI) and axis force(WWII)
Delay the war and protect France until US join the war is important.

I'll post my play later.




No comments:

Post a Comment